SA1 will be the new home for the Faculty of Architecture, Computing and Engineering (FACE) , Yr Athrofa, The Institute of Education, the library and the Construction Wales Innovation Centre (CWIC).
The Faculty of Architecture, Computing and Engineering (FACE) is a multidisciplinary faculty, covering architecture, automotive and motorsport engineering, construction, computing, electronics, environmental management, logistics, and mechanical and manufacturing engineering.
Our Capital Projects team worked closely with Kier Construction and the University’s project team to ensure the project ran smoothly.
We were responsible for the design and planning of the whole building including teaching spaces, PC labs, social areas, café and workshops.
Our Capital Projects team provided a complete service which included:
- Specification of all items of loose furniture
- Interior workshops with University Stakeholders, the architects and Interior Design team to agree co-ordination of loose furniture finishes.
- Design workshops covering all aspects of FF&E with individual departments and Union representatives.
- Complete project management service and cost control.
- Attending M&E co-ordination meetings with the client’s electrical contractors.
- Providing furniture mock-ups for approval of bespoke teaching tables.
- Bespoke design service for custom made workbenches.
“The professional services BOF provided throughout the duration of the project have been invaluable. The BOF team made the process incredibly straightforward for the many stakeholders in the University. In particular the work and effort demonstrated to conclude the installation ready for the new academic year is much appreciated, and not taken for granted."
Senior Estates Manager
University of Wales Trinity St David